The one thing I have finally learned over the years is how to grocery shop and stop wasting food. I honestly don’t go to the store until my fridge looks completely empty. Here are some tips that helped me
- Buy enough vegetables for 3 days max.
- Buys vegetables for two types of salads that you had in mind, whatever will be left over you can use for something else
- Always go to the store with a list
- Meal plan !!!! This is so important!! If you don’t plan your meals you end buying everything you think sounds good or you think you might cook but at the end you will throw away half of it.
- Shop for 3 meals .. Trust me ! You might think what’s three meals . Most likely you will have ingredients left over from those meals that can be used to make additional 3 meals.
- Always make sure your pantry is stocked !! These ingredients can stay for months and won’t go bad . Such as pasta , rice , flour, sugar , corn , beans , tomatoes, tomato sauce and etc.
- don’t buy meat to fill up your freezer. The reality of that a year down the road you will throw so much of it away. Only buy meat for the meals you have planned always fresh !
- Buy fruits only in season . If you want fruits not are not in season buy in the frozen section. Frozen fruits where packaged and frozen with fruits during their season peak.
- Don’t go Grocery shopping on an empty stomach. A friend brought this to my attention and it couldn’t be more true.
Hope this helps !! Following few of these things will help you save money in a long run.
Here is a sandwich that I was able to scape up ! Making lunch in a short time shouldn’t be stressful sometimes just a simple sandwich can be just as good as going out to a restaurant.
- Piece of lightly toasted Whole wheat bread with seeds
- Romaine lettuce
- Provolone cheese
- Red onions
- Second Whole wheat bread with mayo and mustard
Assemble in this order and enjoy 👌