1 lbs of beef ( moose or antelope)
1 cups of Basmati rice
6 cups of water
1 packet of Sazon Goya seasoning ( you can buy this in the Hispanic section at the store )
3 tea Spoons Tony’s creole seasoning
1 tea spoon of Tmin ( Russian seasoning ) optional
1 table spoon of coriander
1 tea spoon cumin
1 whole garlic
1. whole onions chopped
2 carrots chopped
1/4 cup of grape seed oil ( or oil of your choice)
1 tea spoon pepper
1 tea spoon chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a cast iron pot , add cubed beef. Season it with creole seasoning Sauce for few minuets.
- Add onions and half of the spices. Sauté at high heat till beef turns color
- . In a separate bowl Soak rice in water the whole time meat is cooking.
- Add 4 cups water to to meat just enough to cover top the meat. Cook for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Drain rice and add to the meat. Add chopped carrot, and rest of the seasoning, mix all together. Add 2 cups water. ( water should be approximately 1in higher than the rice. Don’t mix the rice any more.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to low . In 5 min add a whole garlic sliced in half. Cook for 10-12min at low heat till it’s done.
- Top with chopped parsley before serving
sold in regular spice section
Sold in Hispanic section
Sold in Russian store or amazon