My kids love anything buckwheat, this soup is so good, a full pot is gone in couple days. Not to mention buckwheat is so good for you. Here is my version of buckwheat soup
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 2 chicken thighs
- 3 medium size potatoes (pealed)
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 of yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tea spoons of chopped dill
- 2 bay leafs
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoons of pepper
- 1 tea spoon of creole seasoning
- 4 liters of water
- 3 tsp better than bouillon roasted chicken base
Instructions: cooking time approx 30-40 min
- Fill a pot of water bring it to a boil.
- In a skillet with a little bit of butter sauté finely chopped onions and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken things that have been cut in small pieces. Sauté till for few min for chicken to get some color. Add the sautéed chicken and veggies to the pot.
- Add cut potatoes to the pot. And grated garlic.
- Season with creole seasoning, Black Pepper. Add chicken base and add salt to taste if needed. Also add bay leaf.
- Bring it to a boil, than add buckwheat.
- Taste for seasoning when buckwheat looks about done add chopped dill. cook for 10 more min.