I like to use small bell peppers for portion control. It is easier to serve especially for children. I never could eat a full large bell pepper and than if you try to cut it if becomes a mess. I have been using Small organic bell peppers, I feel like they taste better too. But you can use whatever bell pepper you would like.
3 table spoons of Butter
1 package of small bell peppers
12 oz of bison or beef
1/2 lb of ground turkey
1 cup small chopped mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
2 tea spoon of Coriander
2 tea spoon of cumin
2 tea spoon creole seasoning
Salt / pepper
1 Small jalapeño chopped (optional )
1 tomato chopped
1 cup of cooked buckwheat
1 chicken stock packet
1 tea spoon tomato paste ( optional)
1 carrot shredded
2 table spoons of chopped onions
1 tea spoon of adjika ( optional)
1 can of tomato pure
2-4 cups of water
2 table spoons of dill
2 table spoons of parsley
2 table spoons of sour cream
- Cook buckwheat according to package instructions.
- With 2 table spoons of butter cook your ground meat in the skillet.
- To the skillet add chopped onions and mushrooms. Season it with creole seasoning , coriander, cumin and salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine your cooked buckwheat, ground meat with mushrooms , chopped tomato , chopped jalapeños, and a table spoon of chopped parsley, dill
- Stuff each small pepper. You can use your fingers to really pack each bell pepper. You can also use large bell pepper instead if you would like.
- In a deep skillet or pot ( you can use Same one you were cooking your ground meat if it is deep no need to rinse it ). Sauté 2 table spoons of onions and shredded carrots.
- Add tomato paste , adjika, and chicken stock.
- Add tomato pure, season it with salt and pepper and 1 tea spoon coriander and 1 tea spoon of cumin. Add water and mix in 2 table spoons of sour cream.
- Place your peppers in the skillet. Make sure the liquid is almost fully covering the peppers. Cover it and cook on low for 30- 45 min or until the peppers feel tender