Cooking time : 1 1/2 hours I use a cast iron pot for this dish.
- 2 lbs of Moose meat or Beef cut in cubes
- 7 medium size potatoes cut in 4th
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 table spoon coriander
- 3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 tea spoons Black pepper
- 2 tea spoons vegeta spice
- 1 tea spoon creole seasoning
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 whole onion chopped
- Water 8 cups (approx )
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped (approximately 3 table spoons )
- 2 table spoons of chopped dill
- Sauté your meat with a little bit of olive oil till you no longer see any blood.
- Add water to your meat, rinse and drain the water.
- Sauté the meat again with 1/2 stick of butter and season it with salt and pepper.
- When your meat is browned on each side add your chopped onions.
- Sauté your meat with onions for few minutes.
- Add pressed garlic and all the seasoning to the pot.
- Add water approximately 6 cups. Cover the lid and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour check your meat and see how tender it is. If it is tender which it should be add your cut potatoes and shredded carrot to the pot.
- Check for salt. If you think it needs more salt, add more. Also add more water approximately 2 more cups.there should be enough water to cover all the potatoes.
- Cook for 30 more minuets. After your potatoes are fully cooked add Cilantro and dill. Mix well and serve hot.