This is my mother in laws recipe, I love learning her recipes that my husband grew up eating. No one cooks better than your mama. I know my husband appreciates when I cook something his mom used to cook for him. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 gloves garlic pressed
- 2 tea spoons chopped cilantro
- Salt + pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peal the skin from eggplant. ( I use a potato peeler to make it easier. Thinly slice.
- Season one side with salt upside down on a dish. ( season it lightly) keep repeating this process for each slice and stack them.
- Leave for 30-45 min. You will see all the liquid. ( doing this will prevent the eggplant to observe oil when frying)
- Wash each slice to get rid of all the salt light squeeze to dismiss all water. Repeat for each piece.
- Heat a pan with oil for frying.
- Fry each eggplant till turns golden brown on each side. Place onto paper town to drain any oil
- Mix together mayo and a pinch of salt and pepper and pressed garlic. Spread on each eggplant. Roll it in three or half.
- Top it fresh chopped cilantro