Honey Walnut Cake With Pastry Cream
This cake is so light and so moist. My husband said it’s one of his new favorite cakes.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 table spoons of honey
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
Pastry Cream ingredients:
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk (warm)
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 table spoons powder sugar
- Caramel for topping
- Beat your eggs till doubled in size and really fluffy
- Slowly beat in your sugar.
- Add honey.
- Remove your batter from the mixer, using a spatula mix in sifted flour and baking powder. Also mix in your chopped walnuts.
- Butter your 9 or 10 inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
While your cake is baking start making your cream.
- In a small pot Whisk egg yolks with sugar and flour.
- Heat your milk till luke warm
- Slowly whisking pour in your milk.
- Place your Pot on stove and cook your pastry cream till it becomes really thick. Constantly mix so it doesn’t burn and create lumps.
- Once it’s nice and thick remove from heat and let it cool.
- After your pastry cools a little, beat in your soft butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Let your cake and cream cool completely.
- Cut your cake in three.
- Spread a good amount of pastry cream on each slice. Cover entire cake with pastry cream
- Freeze for 20 min.
- Beat heavy cream with powdered sugar.
- Cover the cake with beaten heavy cream to even out all cake edges.
- Drizzle with caramel and refrigerate for few hours before serving.