Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
This is a perfect Spring or Summer cake. Light, fluffy and pretty Pink!
- 6 oz raspberry flavor jello packet
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3/4 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of water
- Fresh raspberries + blackberries (optional)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- Simple syrup ( 1/2 cup of water + 2 tea spoons sugar
- Chocolate ganache ( 1 cup heavy cream heated and mixed with 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts or almonds
- Fresh berries for topping
- Beat eggs till doubled in size
- Slowly add sugar and beat for 2-3 min
- Remove from the mixer, with a spatula mix in sifted flour with cocoa powder.
- Butter 10 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min, and let it cool.
- To make your mousse, boil 2 cups of water add your jello packet and mix till all the jello is dissolved.
- Refrigerate for the jello to cool.
- Beat heavy cream till thick consistency.
- Using a whisk mix in your sour cream with heavy cream.
- Remove jello from refrigerator , when it’s slightly warm mix it with heavy cream using a whisk till it’s all combine into a mousse texture. Add a little bit of berries to our mousse.
- Remove your cake from the pan. Cut the top off to level out the cake.
- Drizzle simple syrup all over the cake to make it moist.
- Place it back into a spring form pan, pour the mousse to fill all the way to the top of the pan. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Using a knife loosen up all the edges of the cake.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over the cake. Top it with toasted nuts, and berries.