Refreshing drink for those hot days. Makes approximately 2 1/2 gallons of Kvas
- 6 piece of Rye bread ( toasted )
- 2 table spoons of dry yeast
- 10qt of water or 9.50 liters
- 3 cups of sugar ( 4 cups if you prefer much sweeter Kvas )
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 1 table spoon dark roast coffee
- 1/4 cup white grape raisins
- In a large pot boil your water and than let it cool till Luke warm.
- Stir in sugar and yeast.
- Stir in molasses, bread , coffee and raisins.
- Leave it for 24 hours, minimum 12 hours
- Use a sifter to remove any chunks. Pour into plastic or glass bottles.
- Refrigerate for 1 day
- The following day if you are using plastic bottles open each bottle to let some air out so the bottles won’t pop. If you are using glass you don’t have to do this
- Best taste after 2-3 days