Refreshing drink for those hot days. Makes approximately 2 gallons of Kvas
- 8 piece of Rye bread ( toasted )
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dry yeast
- 2 gallons or 32 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar ( 3 cups if you prefer much sweeter Kvas )
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 tbsp dark roast coffee
- 1/4 cup golden grape raisins
- In a large pot boil your water and than let it cool till Luke warm.
- Stir in sugar and yeast.
- Stir in molasses, bread , coffee and raisins.
- Leave it out for 48 hours
- Use a sifter to remove any chunks. Pour into plastic or glass bottles.
- Let it sit on counter for 1 more day.
- The following day if you are using plastic bottles open each bottle to let some air out so the bottles won’t pop. If you are using glass you don’t have to do this
- Keep refrigerated
- Best taste after 4 -5 days