- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb of beef ( moose meat, or other venison)
- 1 tea spoon of cumin
- 1 tea spoon smoked paprika
- 1 tea spoon turmeric
- 1 tea spoon of coriander
- 1 tea spoon hmeli suneli ( optional. You can order this spice on amazon or purchase it at any Russian store )
- Salt ( I started with a tea spoon and than adjusted it to taste as I was cooking )
- 1 tea spoon of pepper
- 1 tea spoon Adjika ( if you don’t have it add 1/2 tea spoon chili paste )
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 4 cups of water
- 1 table spoon of beef bouillon
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- Cut your meat into even size cubes. Sauté in a deep skillet of a pot with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When the liquid from the meat cooks out and meat starts to caramelize add chopped vegetables ( eggplant, onions and bell pepper. Cook for five minutes.
- Add all your seasoning, mix well and continue cooking.
- Add beef bouillon, 4 cups of water and 1 tea spoon Adjika.
- Mix well and taste for salt, if you need to add salt.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Using a food processor, blend your walnuts till it is very finely ground. Mix in your walnuts in the pot.
- Very finely chop cilantro and add to the pot. Cook for few minutes.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.