These tastes like actual donuts from the bakery but doesn’t require all the work. With a Krispy Kreme Glaze recipe
- Large Pillsbury Biscuits
- Oil for frying ( not flavored )
- A small shot glass or cookie cutter
Krispy Kreme Glaze:
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 1 tea spoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 table spoons hot water
Filling for round donut holes:
- 1/2 package of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of powder sugar
- 5 table spoons of sugar and 1 tea spoon of cinnamon ( for coating )
- Heat oil in a deep pot for frying.
- Open your biscuits, cut out a hole inside each biscuit using a shot glass or small cookie cutter.
- Fry each donut on medium to low heat , so donuts have a chance to cook fully through and not burn. Fry till golden on each side
- In a sauce pan melt your butter, mix it well with powder sugar and vanilla.
- Boil some water , add 4 table spoons of hot water to the mix.
- Mix it till nice and smooth no sugar lumps. If needed use a sifter to remove any lumps.
- Dip each donut in the glaze on each side and set on a cooking rack for any remaining glaze to drip.
- Using a piping bag fill each donut hole within cream cheese filling.
- Toss each donut hole in sugar and cinnamon.
- Enjoy !!