Plum Cake Bars – Пирог со Сливами
These bars are delicious and scream Fall! Perfect with a hot cup of coffee or served with some ice cream and hot tea. Really easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tea spoons baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon ( optional)
- 5 table spoons of soft butter + 1 tea spoon for greasing the pan
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of flavorless oil, such as canola or sunflower
- 1 1/2 tea spoons vanilla extract
- 4 plums sliced in half
- Orange zest for topping ( optional)
- Powder sugar for topping ( optional )
Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees:
- Grease an 8 inch baking pan with butter , it can be round or square.
- Using a mixer cream your butter til silky smooth. Add brown sugar to your butter and beat for 2 min.
- Slowly add your eggs beating them one at a time and one minute apart.
- While the mixer is working add the rest of your wet ingredients, such as oil and vanilla.
- Combine together flour and baking powder, at lower speed add little by little to your mixer.
- Pour your batter into baking pan you have prepared. Place your plum half’s on top and bake at 350 for 40 min.
- Once it is baked removed from the oven and let it cool for 15 min before cutting.
- Best served with ice cream.
- Top with orange zest and powder sugar