Mango Passionfruit macarons with Mango White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 tea bag of Mango Passion fruit tea ( non caffeine)
- 3 egg whites ( at room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups of powder sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 of a tea spoons – (Pinch ) of cream of tartar
- Orange gel food coloring
- 8 oz of white chocolate
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of ripe mango purée
- How I like to start is I take out my eggs from the fridge place them into really warm water and leave them for 15 min. While I prepare all the rest of the ingredients and things I will use such baking sheet , parchment paper , or rubber baking mat , spatula, piping bag with a round pipping tip, sifter, and all the ingredients in measuring cups. This way I am not running around the kitchen scrambling and stressing out. This really effect a successful macaron making.
- Separate your eggs and use only the egg whites ( make sure your mixing bowl is completely dry and clean before you do this)
- Start beating your egg whites , when egg whites begin to foam add cream of tartar and slowly add your sugar. Beat egg whites till the peaks will be stiff.
- In a separate bowl sift together almond flour and powder sugar, throw away any crumbs that are left. aside the flour mix.
- I use a wooded tooth pick to add a little bit of the orange food coloring to my egg whites.
- Rip your tea bag and pour the tea that’s inside into your beaten egg whites.
- Slowly in three portions add your almond flour and sugar mixture to the egg White . Using a rubber spatula to mix. Lightly fold your egg whites from out/in.
- Mix until all the almond flour is mixed in and your mixture will be shiny and when you lift your spatula It will gently slide. Not fall in lumps. That’s when you know you are done.
- Place a piping bag with a round tip into a tall cup. Pour your macaron mixture into the piping bag.
- Using two hands holding the piping bag lightly press and pipe round circles. They only need to be 2 cm apart.
- Bang your baking pan when done agains the table to let any bubbles out.
- Set aside to dry for 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 300
- Bake 17 min . Let them cool completely before removing.
- I used Costco Jar mangos. They are very ripe and flavorful. This is perfect when mangos are not in season. You can always use fresh mangos.
- I used a nutribullet to purée my mangos. But you can always use a food processor or a blender. You will need to have 1/2 of mango purée.
- In a sauce pan heat 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Don’t let it boil , just till it’s hot.
- Add white chocolate to heavy cream. Mix till all the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in mango purée, set aside to cook.
- Use a piping bag to pipe mango mouse onto one side of macaron and close with another shell.
- I like to store them in small cup cake liners for easier way to grab them.
- Refrigerate before serving.