Chicken Stuffed Eggplant Rolls
- 1 eggplant
- Salt / pepper
- Sunflower oil for frying ( or any oil you prefer)
- 1 chicken breast ( I like to use shredded rotisserie meat )
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 3 table spoons of toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pomegranate (for topping)
- Feta ( for topping)
- Cilantro (for topping )
- Trim all the skin off the eggplant and thinly slice length wise.
- Season one side lightly with salt and place it on the plate.
- Stack seasoned eggplant with salted side touching not the salted part. Leave for 30 min until you see water dripping from the eggplant. This is something I learned from my mother in law, it prevents the eggplant soaking up the oils when you are frying it.
- Wash each eggplant slice. Using your hand squeeze out any water out of it.
- Heat a little of oil for frying. Fry each side of the eggplant till it is beautiful brown color.
- Place the eggplant onto paper towel for any oil to drip.
- Finely chop chicken, add toasted nuts, garlic and mayo. Season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place a table spoon on to your eggplant, roll it up. Place it on your serving plate.
- Top it with feta crumbs , chopped cilantro and pomegranate.