No need to use your oven for this dessert. If you cannot time Minh tart shells you can always buy one big cookie pie crust and make one big banana cream pie. I purchased the shells at Walmart.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 stick of butter ( softened)
- 2 bananas
- Buttery mini Tart shells
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 table spoons of powder sugar.
- In a sauce pan mix egg yolks with sugar and flour.
- Place the sauce pan on medium heat, slowly add milk while whisking it.
- Keep mixing the whole time it is on the stove.
- It will be almost boiling, mix till the cream is thick.
- You can let your cream go through a sifter to remove any lumps. Cover with plastic wrap touching the cream and place it in a cold area to cool.
- When your cream is completely cooled, using a mixer beat in one stick of soft butter.
- Slice bananas and place at the bottom of each tart.
- I used a piping bag to pipe my pastry cream on top of the bananas to fill the tart completely.
- Beat heavy cream with powder sugar till stiff peaks.
- Pipe your whip cream on top using any of the piping attachment you like, on top of the pastry cream
- Top with toasted nuts.