This is a classic beyond easy marinade for shish- kabobs. We made many different recipes for kabobs but we always go back to this classic kabobs. The key for these kabobs to serve with pickled onions. We have always used white sweet onion to pickle. This time we decide to use red onion for a more beautiful look, inspired by http://www.lenaskitchenblog.com/. Be sure to check out her page for pickled onion recipe.
Requires a charcoal grill! It is not the same flavor when cooked on gas grills.
- 4 lb of pork loin cut into cubes
- 3 yellow onions sliced thin
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 bottle of sparkling water ( unflavored)
Charcoal for grilling.
- Pickled onions
- Cilantro or parsley for topping
- Cut pork loin into even size cubes.
- Season each side of meat with salt and lots of pepper.
- Slice onions as thin as possible.
- Place into a gallon zip lock bag or a bowl with a lid. Pour sparkling water over the kabobs. Massage the meat to make sure it’s all coated well with sparkling water and onions.
- Refrigerate and marinade for 24 hours.
- Grill on a charcoal grill.
- Serve with pickled onions on top and cilantro.