- Iceberg Lettuce
- Low main noodles
- 1 lb of beef ( tender cuts such as steak or boneless country style beef ribs )
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tea spoon of Chili paste
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tea spoons of graded ginger
- 1 table spoon of corn starch
- Store bough Thai peanut sauce or fallow recipe bellow for my homemade peanut sauce
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 small cucumbers or 1/2 or English cucumber shredded
- 2 table spoons of vinegar
- 4 table spoons of water
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped chives or green onions
- In a bowl combine everything for the marinade: soy sauce , brown sugar , ginger , garlic , corn starch , chili paste.
- Slice beef in thin slices, add to the marinade. Mix well, let it sit for 1-2 hours.
- Shred carrots and cucumbers. Add sugar, salt, vinegar and water. Let it marinade as well.
- Cook low main noodles according to the package.
- Cut the core from iceberg lettuce and peal gently each lettuce gently not braking.
- Rinse lettuce with water and town dry. Lightly tapping to get any water out.
- Sauté beef with a little bit of oil, till cooked.
- Heat peanut sauce.
- Assemble your lettuce wrap: lettuce- low main – beef- peanut sauce – hot sauce ( optional ) – pickled carrots and cucumbers- cilantro and green onions.
Homemade Peanut sauce:
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of water
1 tea spoon hot sauce
2 tea spoons of ginger
1 garlic clove
1 tea spoon of hoisin sauce
1 table spoon of rice vinegar
1 tea spoon of sesame oil