The Pelimeni I use are sold @TraderJoes. Chicken and Mushroom filling. You barley even taste the mushrooms. If you haven’t yet tried Trader Joe’s Pelimeni, you must.
- 1 packet of Trader Joe’s Pelimeni
- 8-10 cups of chicken broth low sodium
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tea spoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 of small onion chopped
- 2 tea spoons of butter
- 1 carrot
- 2 large potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 celery
- 3 table spoons of chopped cilantro and parsley ( if you don’t like cilantro can substitute with dill )
- 3 green onions chopped
- In a pot sauté finely chopped onions with butter.
- Once the onion start to caramelize, pour in chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add garlic powder.
- Add chopped potatoes, carrots, celery. Cook for 5 min
- If there is foam starting form , remove it with a spoon.
- Once the water is boiling add one packet of Pelimeni.
- Add chopped cilantro and parsley
- When the Pelimeni float up turn of the heat.
- Serve with chopped green onions.
- If you like spicy food like my husband, you can add some cayenne pepper to your plate it gives it nice kick.