Smoked Pulled Pork
- 1.5 lb of pork shoulder or butt
- 1 1/2tea spoon of salt
- 1 tea spoon black pepper
- 1 tea spoon ground mustard
- 1 tea spoon of coriander powder
- 1/5 tea spoon cayenne
- 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 1 tea spoon onion powder
- 1 famous Dave’s Texas pit bbq sauce
- 1 IPA beer or any beer of your choice
- table spoon worchestire sauce Mesquite smoke chips ( if you are going to smoke it ).
- Coleslaw ingredients:
- 1 package of coleslaw trio color mix
- 1 small apple finely chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 2 celery cut in half and chopped
- 2 table spoons of chopped cilantro ( or parsley)
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 tea spoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tea spoon country style mustard
- 2 tea spoons agave syrup
- 3 tea spoon of vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Additional things needed:
Soft dinner roll bread
Cheese of your choice we like provolone or pepper jack
Smoker ( optional )
- Mix all the seasoning for the pork. Rub it all over the pork meat .
- Turn on your smoker to 205 degrees, add smoke chips and water to your smoker as instructed by your smoker instructions.
- Place the meat on the rack and smoke for 2 hours. This is just to get that smoke flavor.
- Remove from the smoker place it inside your pressure cooker . Pour beer over it and worchestire sauce.
- Close the lid, select pressure cook on high for 1 hour . Check if the meat is falling apart easily you are finished if your are struggling cook on pressure for additional 30 min. ( make sure you are fallowing all the safety measure with your pressure cooker such as releasing the steam before opening)
- remove the meat from the pressure cooker onto a cutting board and using two forks start breaking the meat by pulling it apart in small pieces.
- Drain most of the liquid leaving about 1/2 cup. Add the pulled pork back to the remaining liquid and adding bbq sauce.
- Mix well. Leave on warm in the pressure cooker till you are ready to serve.
- Start making your coleslaw. Combined all the veggies and apples in a deep mixing bowl.
- In a separate cup combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Coleslaw can be made in advance it can sit for few hours or a day.
- Slice the bunds in half , toast in a toaster.
- I like to place a portion of bbq pork on a hot skillet to burn and caramelize edges . Place a piece of cheese on top of the meat and cover till cheese melted.
- With a spatula transfer the meat and cheese on to the toasted bun
- Top with coleslaw and close with other part of the toasted bun.