This is one of our family favorites. It screams comfort food. This recipe is very simple with not too many steps nor ingredient, but full of flavor. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
- 8 large potatoes cut in 4th ( or two small bags of yellow baby potatoes pealed )
- 6 chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- 4 cups of chicken broth ( low sodium)
- 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Roasted garlic and red bell pepper seasoning. ( The Gourmet Collection )
- Salt / Pepper
- 1 table spoon of flour
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 small onions finely chopped
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms ( optional)
- 3 tea spoons of butter.
- Peal and cut potatoes, soak potatoes in cold water while you prepare other ingredients.
- Sauté chicken thighs with 2 tea spoons of butter in a skillet. Season well with roasted garlic and red bell pepper seasoning, no need to measure. This seasoning does not contain salt, make sure each chicken is nicely coated with seasoning approximately 2-3 table spoons. Season chicken with salt.
- Place potatoes( with no water ) and chicken in a deep casserole dish.
- In a skillet that you have used for sautéing chicken, sauce carrots with onions and mushrooms with some butter.
- When the veggies are tender , add one table spoon of flour. Mix well with all the veggies.
- Pour 4 cups of chicken broth, keep mixing. Pour 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Pour over chicken and potatoes. Mix well to make sure everything is well coated.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 40 min mix it and remove the foil bake for additional 20 min uncovered. Broil for 5 min after it’s all done baking.
- Remove from the oven top with parsley before serving.