This is one of our family’s favorite dish! Always a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients you would need:
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken broth
- Roasted Garlic and bell pepper seasoning
- Heavy cream
You can purchase this seasoning on Amazon. They often sell this seasoning at Home Goods, Tj Maxx , Burlington, Ross for half the price.
Creamy Potatoes with Chicken and Mushrooms
By March 13, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
Creamy delicious dish a whole family will love.
- 2 lb Baby yellow potatoes i like to peal the skin or 8 medium size potatoes cut in 4th
- 6 piece Boneless Chicken Thighs cut in smaller pieces
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 table spoons Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper Seasoning. The Gourmet Collection
- 3 table spoons Flour
- 1 piece Carrot Grated
- 1 small Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 lb Cremini Mushrooms common white supermarket mushrooms
- to taste salt
- I peal small potatoes because my children don't like the potato skin. You can wash small potatoes and leave them with skin on.
If you don't have small potatoes you can peal eight larger potatoes and cut them in 4th.
To clean mushrooms get a damp paper towel and wipe any dirt off the mushroom. You don't want to soak mushrooms in water because they will absorb a lot of the water.
cut mushrooms in smaller pieces.
- wash chicken thighs and cut in smaller pieces.
- in a deep skillet saute chicken thighs with some butter. Season chicken with 2 tables spoons of roasted garlic and bell pepper seasoning also with some salt. Remove from the skillet
- In a large casserole dish place chicken and potatoes.
- Grade a carrot and chop an onion for the next step.
- Using the same skillet you were earlier add butter and saute carrot, onions and mushrooms. When the vegetables begin to soften and turn color add flour, mix really well with all the vegetables.
- Pour in 4 cups of chicken broth.
what i use when i don't have chicken broth on hand is two bouillon cubes with 4 cups of hot water, mix till all dissolved and pour into the vegetables.
- Add heavy cream. Season it with another table spoon of roasted garlic and bell pepper seasoning, mix till everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the potatoes and chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, than remove the foil and bake for additional 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- garnish potatoes with chopped parsley before serving