This recipe was a hit in our household. Delicious dessert that everyone approved.
- 3 egg whites ( at room temp )
- 3/4 cup official sugar
- 1/4 tea spoon of cream of tartar
- 1 table spoon regular vinegar.
- 2 cups of cookie crumbs ( biscoff cookies are the best for this)
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts.
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 3/4 of can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- In a stand up mixer preferably, beat egg whites till they start to foam. ( very important to make sure your egg whites are at room temp, you can have eggs sit in warm water for 15-20 min to get them to room temp )
- Add pinch of tartar or 1/4 tea spoon. While the mixer is beating slowly add sugar.
- Beat egg whites for approximately 8 min.
- Add vinegar to egg whites and beat for additional minute.
- You should feel the meringue between your fingers and not feel any sugar crumbs.
- Align large baking sheet with parchment paper. And using a piping bag with round tip. Pipe round looking balls. You can always use a small knife to round up the edges.
- Bake at 225 for 1 hour and 45 min . Do not open the oven. Let it completely cool for about 2-3 hours, or how I look to do it is bake it the day before and leave it in the oven until I’m ready to prep them.
- To make your cream , beat condensed milk with cream cheese and heavy cream till nicely thickened. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature otherwise you will have lumps of cream cheese pieces in your cream.
- In a food processor ( if you don’t have a food processor you can use a gallon size zip lock bag and a roller to make your cookie crumbs ) combine cookies with toasted walnuts and pulse till it becomes fine crumb consistency.
- Time to assemble. Glad some cupcake lines and lightly press down on them so it is big enough for your meringue cookies to fit.
- Dip a meringue into the cream where is is fully coated . You can use a small spatula or butter knife to spread cream all over. Than roll it in cookie and nut crumbs. Place it in a cupcake liner to make it easier for everyone to grab their own individual dessert.
- Optional drizzle with chocolate ganache.
- For chocolate ganache; Heat 1/4 of heavy creams pour over 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, mix till all chocolate is dissolved and let it cool.