Lazy Cabbage Rolls
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey, chicken or pork ( I like to use half pork and half turkey )
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 1 table spoon of coriander
- 1 tea spoon creole seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves ( pressed)
- 1 table spoon Adjika ( optional)
- Dill and parsley
- 2 cups of tomato Ragu
- 1/2 of cabbage sliced in thin strips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Cooked rice as a side dish.
- In a deep skillet, sauté chopped onions with shredded carrot and 2 table spoons of butter. Cook till veggies turn color and softened.
- Add ground meat to the skillet. Season meat with coriander, creole seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix and cook till meat is cooked. Use a wooden spoon to break meat into smaller pieces.
- Add tomato ragu, water , Adjika and garlic to the pan. Mix very well let it simmer for 10 -15 min
- Add chopped cabbage and sour cream to the pan, let it cook till cabbage is softened. Taste for salt, add more salt and pepper if need.
- Once completely cooked add 2-3 tea spoons of chopped dill and parsley.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.