Fail proof macaron recipe!
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cups of sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 3/4 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 cup + 3/4 cups of Powder sugar
- 1 lavender chamomile herb tea bag ( can use just lavender)
- Drop of violet gel food coloring
- 1/2 package of cream cheese ( softened )
- 1/2 stick of butter ( softened)
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- Set your eggs in warm water for 15-30 min. After time is up remove from the water and towel dry.
- Separate eggs and keeping only the egg whites.
- In a stand up mixer or a deep bowl using a hand mixer add a pinch of tartar to your egg whites. Start beating on low and slowly increasing your speed.
- When the egg whites begin to foam slowly pour in your 1/4 cups of sugar adding little by little. Beat for approximately 6-8 min till peaks are stiff.
- Meanwhile sift together 3/4 cups of almond flour with 1 cup and 3/4 cups of powder sugar. Set aside.
- Get all your your tools ready, such as spatula, popping bag with a round tip , food coloring and a tool you will be using to get the gel coloring out , a baking sheet aligned with parchment paper or rubber baking mat.
- To make things easier I get a large beer mug or any tall cups and place my piping bag inside. This way I don’t have to hold it and can easily scoop all the batter inside.
- Once your egg whites all done, add a drop of gel coloring and add almond and powder sugar mixture. I add the mixture in three parts. Use a spatula to mix from going on a circle getting all the outside bring it inside. ( like folding the batter in counter clockwise)
- When you get to your last almond flour rip a tea bag and drop all of the tea inside.
- Mix your batter till it looks shiny and when you lift your spatula up the batter pulls. If it drops in lumps you have not mixed enough.
- Scoop up all the batter into a piping bag.
- Easiest way to pipe perfect circles is you press on you piping bag holding it straight over and touching the baking sheet and then gently swirling to brake it up and move to the next one.
- I like to bang my baking sheet on the counter to let any air bubbles out.
- Set aside and let the macarons dry for 30-45 min.
- Bake for 15 min at 300 ( make sure your oven is fully preheated ) If you are making full size macarons bake for 20 min
- Very important if you have multiple baking sheets to bake one at a Time.
- To make the cream it is very easy combine all the cream ingredients together making sure they are all at room temperature otherwise your cream will be lumpy. Cream together till we’ll combined.
- When your macarons are done remove from the oven and let them cool completely about 10 min DO NOT TOUCH THEM TILL THEY ARE COOLED
- Flip them over and pipe cream on one side giving space around the edges because once you close the top you will press it down lightly and the cream will fill to the edge .