Kids had a great time making their first ice cream from scratch. We decided to try Honeydew flavor. It is such a mellow flavoring and goes so well with cream. You can watch the full video how to make it or simply fallow step by step recipe.
- Half of Honeydew Mellon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Cut honeydew Mellon in half
- Remove any seeds
- Slice and remove the skin , cut into cubes.
- Blend Mellon in a food processor till purée consistency.
- Using a double boiler. ( a small pot with hot water on the stove with a glass heat proof bowl). Add egg yolks and sugar. Beat for 5 minutes till become a nice thick cream.
- In a separate bowl beat 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Mix together egg cream with heavy cream.
- Still in honeydew purée you can add a drop of green gel food coloring for appealing look. Mix till well combined.
- Pour into popsicle container, ice cream container or any container you have with a lid . Freeze for at least 4 hours before trying it.
- Tip for popsicles: when popsicle have frozen run the bottom of the container under warm water this helps loosen the sides and popsicle is removed easily without braking.