Nacho Steak Fries
This was one of those let’s see what I have in the fridge and make for lunch. It took under 20 min to make and was sooo good!
My husband says this something belongs in a pub restaurant. The best compliment I can have. It always nice when something that is quick to make can be so satisfying.
I used waffle store bought fries but you can use any kind of fries you like. I also used my Air fryer to cook my fries. I wouldn’t recommend cooking it in oil. You can also bake them in the oven.
- Waffle Fries
- Top sirloin Steak
- Steak seasoning
- Bean dip ( in a jar ) optional
- Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- Jalapeño sliced
- Sweet onion chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese optional
Nacho cheese ingredients:
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 oz of sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tea spoon cayenne powder optional for more spice
- Cook fries in the air fryer till crisp or bake in the oven according to the package
- Cut steak into cubes, season with steak seasoning a sauté with butter till browned on each side.
- In a small pot at two table spoon of butter, once melted add flour and mix till flour all incorporated with butter
- Add milk to the pot ( I always add warm milk so it doesn’t slow down the cooking processes. Whisk together.
- Add sharp cheddar, garlic and seasoning. Cook till thickened.
- Heat bean dip till warm.
- Chop all the topping ingredients.
- Time to assemble, set fries on the plate. Pour a good amount of nacho cheese over them.
- Spoon some bean dip all over the fries.
- Top all the fries with steak.
- Top steak with mozzarella and the rest of toppings.
- Dig in!!