Traditional Ukrainian side dish.
- 5 Yukon Golden potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 tea spoon of fresh dill
- 1/4 cup of four
- 1 tea spoon of creole seasoning
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Butter for frying
- Grade Yukon golden potatoes with skin on.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 5 min.
- Squeeze potatoes with you hand to remove any water and set aside in a separate dish.
- Shred onion into the potatoes.
- Add eggs , flour, dill and seasoning.
- Mix well.
- In a skillet melt butter. Scoop a full table spoon on to the skillet, spread around to make a small circle. Cook till bottom is crisp flip it over and cook on the other side. About 2 min per side.
- Serve with sour cream or garlic water.
- Garlic water is pressed garlic with a little bit of warm water missed together