Greek Couscous and Meatballs
By June 20, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
This dish is full of flavor inspired by Greek and Mediterranean food.
- 12 oz Ground Lamb
- 12 oz Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Fresh Mint Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 2 tsp Onion Pureed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sour Cream
- 1 half Lemon
- 1 Whole Garlic Tip cut off
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Oil any oil for frying with least flavor
- 3 tsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Chickpeas Canned and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Pearl Couscous
- 1/2 cups Red Couscous
- 1 pouch Chicken Stock Bouillon Knorr brand
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Cumin for couscous
- 1/2 tsp Coriander for Couscous
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper for Couscous
- 3 tbsp Feta topping , optional but recommended
- 1 small tomato topping
- pinch Parsley Garnish
- Mix All the Ground Meat , Seasoning, herbs, egg, onion puree and sour cream. Mix till the ingredients combined
- In a deep Oven proof skillet heat oil for frying. Use a small scoop to drop even size meatballs. Saute' till browned on each side. No need to worry if they are cooked through, they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Disregard any oil remaining in the skillet. Place your lemon half and trimmed whole garlic to brown on the hot skillet with the cut side down. This will only take a min, than remove from the skillet.
- To the skillet add butter to melt, add chickpeas. Also add all the couscous, stock pouch , cumin, coriander and black pepper. You do not need to add more salt because the chicken stock has salt in it. Pour two cups of water mix till all combined.
- Assemble meatballs all over Couscous. Place lemon and Garlic inside as well. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min .
- Once baked remove the foil, add some feta and chopped tomatoes, broil at 500 degrees for 2 min,
Once finished before serving top with chopped parsley and squeeze out garlic and disregard the garlic skin. also squeeze lemon for more flavor .
- The Chicken Stock Pouch you need to buy is by Knorr sold at any store.