Fall apart flaky plov with tender beef short ribs.
Beef Short Rib Pilaf - Plov
By July 29, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1:15 min
- Ready In: 21 mins
Russian Plov cooked in a cast Iron skillet
- 6 Pieces Beef short ribs
- Creole seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Beef base
- 2 Bay leafs
- 4-6 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Coriander seasoning
- 1 Tsp Cumin seasoning seasoning
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Cups Basmati rice
- Oil For frying meat.
- 1 Small Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Carrot Sliced in small strips or however you would like
- 1 Whole Garlic
- Season each piece of beef short rib with creole seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with a little bit of oils. Brown each side of beef short rib.
- Add chopped onions to the skillet to caramelize. Add beef base, bay leaf. Cover the beef short ribs with water. Season with some salt and pepper. Cover with a lit reduce the heat to medium/low and cook for 1 hour till fully tender.
- Keep checking on the ribs every 30min , The water should have evaporated . Remove the ribs from the skillet. Drain any oils from the pan.
- Rinse the basmati 5-10 times with cold water so all the rice starch is removed. Add rice to the skillet and carrots. Add the remaining of the seasoning and 2 table spoons of non flavored oil. mix well.
- Add two cups of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place beef short ribs on top all over evenly spread.
In the center place whole of garlic one side cut off, the side the that was cut place inside the rice. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. And cook for 15 min. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 5 more min before serving. Top with chopped herbs