August 1, 2019
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Great Italian Inspired Dinner for the entire family. Kids and husband approved.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
By Lily’s Cooking & Home Published: August 1, 2019
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Great Italian inspired dinner for the entire family
- 1 Lb Ground beef The most lean beef you can get. I used 93% lean
- 1 Lb Italian Sausage Mild
- 1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic Pressed
- 3 Tbsp Chopped onions Very finely chopped, or puréed
- 2 Tsp Chopped parsley Very finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Fried oregano seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Graded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Jars of 23. Oz Tomatoe sauce Or tomato basil sauce
- 4 Leafs Chopped basil
- 1/4 Cup White wine Buy the kind of wine you would prefer to drink, and that tastes good to you. Don’t buy wine you can’t tolerate just for cooking
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley For topping
- 1 Ring Parmesan cheese The hard part of the back of the Parmesan cheese cut and used for sauce
- 1 Package Spaghetti Which ever you prefer.
- 1 Pouch Of chicken stop jelly
- To make your meatballs; in a small bowl pour 1/4 cup of milk over 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs, mix and set aside to soak.
- In a larger bowl combine ground beef, Italian sausage, egg, Parmesan, onions , garlic , salt , pepper, parsley, oregano, and mix in the soaked bread crumbs. Mix all the ingredients very well for everything to be evenly incorporated.
- Pre heat your oven to 375
Align a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Using the smallest ice cream scoop. Make round shaped meatballs and place onto the baking sheet keeping them about one inch apart.
Bake meatballs for 20 min than turn the heat to 500 and broil them for 5-6 min.
- While your meatballs are baking let’s make the sauce.
In a medium size pot. Combine two jars of tomato sauce. Add chicken stock pouch. Add salt and pepper. Also add balsamic vinegar and oregano. Throw in the Parmesan ring. If you don’t have one you can add a little bit of regular grated Parmesan cheese. Pour in your wine and bring it to a boil. When it boils for five min. Reduce the heat to low. Pour in heavy cream and add chopped basil also remove the Parmesan ring and throw it away. Simmer on low for 5 more min. Taste the sauce for salt if needed add more. Once meatballs are done add them to the pot of sauce and simmer for few min. Remove from the heat. Serve over cooked spaghetti. Topped with chopped parsley or basil and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.