Made in an I instant pot
Beef and Barley Stew in an Instant Pot
By September 3, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 min mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Delicious stew made in an instant pot
- 1 Lb Beef roast I use wild game such a moose
- 2 Medium Potatoes Cut in cubes
- 1 Cup Barley Make sure you buy without shells , all cleaned
- 1/2 Zucchini Chopped
- 1 Small Onions Finely chopped
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Celery Chopped
- 3 Tsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Spike vegit seasoning Purchased mine in Fred Meyer in natural spice section , can substitute with any veggie combination spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp Butter For sautéing
- 1 Quart Chicken stock I buy low sodium so I have more control of the salt
- 1 13 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 2 Leaf Bay leafs
- Chopped cilantro Garnish
- In an instant pot click sauté button. Cut your meat into cubes and add to the instant pot .
- When meats blood begins to cook out and bubble up. Take the metal cooking pot from instant pot and rinse it with water . To get any of the blood out . Place back into instant pot and still on the sauté selection.
- Add butter to the meat and season it with salt and better keep sautéing till meat begins to brown.
- Add chopped veggie to to the pot. Also add four . Mix really well. Pour in your chicken stock with crushed tomatoes.
- Take 1 cup of barley rinse it with water and add to the pot.
- Season everything with spike seasoning and salt and pepper. Add bay leaf. Seal with the lid. Click on stew section and set timer to 45 min.
- When time is up. Release air to instant pot manual instructions. Serve with a bunch of chopped cilantro and sour cream ( optional )
- Cuisine: American