Braised Potatoes and Beef
By September 3, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cook: 1 hour min
A traditional Russian recipe
- 5 Large Potatoes Pealed and cut in cubes
- 1 Lb Beef chuck Cut in cubes
- 1 Carrot Shredded or cut in small piece how ever you prefer
- 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Better than bouillon chicken base
- 4-5 Cups Water
- 1 Packet Spicy Korean salad spice mix If you don’t have it I will list all the spices you need to add instead
- 5 Small Bell pepper Sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley For garnish
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- If you don’t have a Korean spice mix packet. In a bowl combine. 1 table spoon coriander, 1 tea spoon cumin , 1 tea spoon smoked paprika, 1/2 tea spoon cayenne pepper, pinch of sugar, 1 tea spoon garlic powder. Mix till all combined
- In a deep pan or a non stick pot, add two table spoons of butter. Cut meat in cubes. Sauté with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- to the pot add carrots , onions and bell peppers. Add half of the packet seasoning or half of the your own seasoning mix. Add 1 table spoon of better than bouillon chicken Base.
- Pour in 4-5 cups of water , taste for salt if needed more salt add to taste. Also add pressed garlic.
Cover and cook on medium low heat till meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, add cubed potatoes and remaining of the seasoning. Cover and cook on medium low till potatoes are fork tender usually after 15 min.
Top with chopped parsley when cooked. I like to eat mine with a side of sour cream. Enjoy !