These are supper soft, light and delicious dinner rolls. Recipe inspired by: Taste of Home COOKBOOK.
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cups whole wheat ( not supper refined)
- 3 Tbsp. Flax seeds
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/3 cups Honey
- 1/4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 1/2 Tsp. Active Dry Yeast. ( I used Bobs Mill Sold at Fred Meyer Refrigerator next to dairy )
- *1/4 Cups Warm water
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 3 + cups of Bread flour ( Bobs Mill is the best)
Hone of my favorite baking sheets that i use for any kind of baking from cookies to macarons to dinner rolls. You can purchase one for your self by clicking here.
- Pour boiling water over whole wheat, flax seeds, salt, cinnamon, honey and oil. Mix and let it cool to warm temperature.
- In a cup mix 1/4 cups warm water with 2 tsp. sugar and 4 1/2 tea spoons yeast. Let it sit till it bubbles.
- In a stand up mixer add 3 cups of flour and pour in all the liquid mixtures. Mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 6-8 min, while kneading if dough starts to stick to your hands add more flour. Add little by little not to over do it. I like to set a timer on my phone.
- Grease a deep bowl with oil ( i use the same bowl from my mixer.) Place dough inside and than flip it over, this way the entire dough is covered in oil. Seal with plastic wrap and cover with a towel. Place in a warm area to rise for 1 hr.
- After hour is up, remove plastic wrap and punch the dough in the center. Transfer the dough onto lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Form each piece into a ball. Place on top of baking sheet aligned with parchment paper, cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 more min.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brush each roll with warm water and bake for 15 min. If you have multiple baking sheets bake one at a time.
- When removed from the oven let them cool lightly before serving . They are deliciously served both with honey, butter or jam.