These Empanadas are so flavorful and delicious a must try! Mediterranean Flavors meets Mexican.
They are beyond easy to make and finger licking good !! Highly recommend it !
Fried Potato and Peas Empanadas
By November 19, 2019Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
Supper delicious and easy to make
- 1 Package Raw ( uncooked) Tortillas Sold in the refrigerated section or freezer in most stores
- 4 Cups Mashed potatoes Great way to use leftover from night before
- 1 Can Cooked peas
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Spice
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper (Optional ) about a pinch
- 2 Tbsp Chopped dill
- Oil For frying Non flavored
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients including mashed potatoes, peas and spices. Use a masher or a fork to mash peas with the rest of the mixture.
- Place a filling in the center of tortillas and lightly brush all around with water. Close the tortillas. Using a fork pinch all the edges to form a great seal.
- Heat oils for frying. Than after oil is hot enough reduce heat to medium. Fry empanadas on each side till golden brown.