Healthier version of Risotto. Must Try!
In our family we eat a lot of buckwheat. It has so many great health benefits for us. There are so many great ways to use it like soups, pilafs, grind it and make pancakes or breads, use it in dishes you would originally would use rice, for example risotto.
Buckwheat is great for weight loss, it is low in calories and high in fiber and protein. If your stomach has a hard time digesting gluten this is also good for you to try.
Top 7 Buckwheat Benefits
- Improves Heart Health By Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Levels
- Contains Disease-Fighting Antioxidants
- Provides Highly Digestible Protein
- High Fiber Content Is Filling and Helps Improve Digestion
- Can Help Prevent Diabetes
- Doesn’t Contain Gluten and Is Non-Allergenic
- Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals
By January 28, 2020Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
A Healthy version of a risotto, Must try!
- 1/4 cup white wine i used Chardonnay/ any not sweet wine works
- 6 count Mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 small Onion Chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup buckwheat rinsed
- 2 cups Chicken broth/stock warm temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk warm temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped/ for garnish
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet or pot melt butter and saute' chopped mushrooms and onions till caramelized.
- Rinse 1 cup of buckwheat to remove any extra starch. Add to the sauteed mushrooms and onions. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup of white wine wine, stir until wine is cooked out.
- As you are cooking, constantly stir and add broth little by little. Whenever the buckwheat is starting to absorb all the liquid add more. This goes same for milk. cooking on low heat. This will take about 10-12 minutes.
- When you added the last remaining of the milk, stir in Parmesan cheese, taste for salt if needed add more. Cover with a lid and turn of the stove. Let it continue cooking in its steam until fully done.
- Course: Side Dish