This is a non traditional way of making a Sauerkraut salad. This salad is full of flavor and so easy to make, not to mention it is a great salad that can be made in advance.
By February 6, 2020Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
Korean flavored inspired vegetable sauerkraut.
- 1 whole Cabbage firm cabbage cut in small squares
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp smoked paprika, garlic, chili and chives spice by Gourmet Collection
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Cut cabbage into 4th. Remove the core from the cabbage. Than cut each piece in half and chop into small squares. Toss into a deep mixing bowl.
- Grate two carrots add to the bowl. Cut bell pepper into thin strips and add to the bowl.
Chop garlic add to the bowl.
Also finely chop some parsley add to the bowl. Season all the veggies with salt and seasoning. Using your hand mix it very well slightly squeezing the vegetables.
- Finely chop onions ans saute with a table spoon of sunflower oil. Once onion begins to caramelize add to cabbage bowl. Pour 1/4 cups of regular vinegar over the veggies and bay leaf. Give them one last toss.
- Cover the salad and let it sit in the refrigerate for minimum of two hours or preferably overnight. salad can last for up to a week.