Easiest recipe Yet! a Crowd Pleaser.
Best New Orleans Beignets
By February 8, 2020Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 60 mins
Supper easy Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups water Luke Warm
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry east
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs whisked
- 6 cups bread flour
- In a bowl mix warm water with sugar and active dry yeast, Set aside and have it sit for five min.
- After five min add evaporated milk, two eggs (whisked) and 1/4 cups of sugar. Also add shortening to the mixture.
- Stir salt with flour. Add 3 cups of flour to the mixture while its beating with a mixer. when its combined add another cup of flour and than another until total of 6 cups.
- dough will be sticky, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours. The longer it sits the better the dough will be.
- Day 2. Roll out the dough half inch thick, cut into little squares.
- Heat non flavored oil for frying. I used my dutch oven to fry them. Drop dough into hot oil and fry few min per side. place onto cooling rack to drip any extra oil. Then coat them in powder sugar.
- You can serve them with jam or chocolate on the side
- Cuisine: American