Supper delicious Farmers cheese pancakes also known in Russian as Syrniki. These are a huge hit in any Slavic Community. I highly recommend you to try my recipe. They are light and fluffy.
Of Russian origin: Syrniki. … In poor villages the simple ingredients needed to make syrnikimade them widely popular. This traditional fried cake has been a special treat across Russia and Eastern Europe for centuries. The “Syr” part of the name refers to cheese in both Russian and Ukrainian
- Measure all the ingredients and combine in a bowl.
- Mix very well and set aside.
- Place half of the mixture on a floured surface. Shape it into a long tube. About 1 inch thickness.
- cut into 1 inch size pieces.
with some flour and using your hand pat it down to flatten it a little and shape into a circle, use more flour if needed. It should never stick to your hands.
- When you are done shaping Sirniki , In a skillet preheat some non flavored oil brown Sirniki till golden brown.
- Remove them onto a paper towel to drain any oil.
- Best served warm with Jam or sour cream. I like to lightly dust it with some powdered sugar.
The Strawberry/ Raspberry sauce I like to serve them with I usually buy at Cash and carry it is our family’s favorite but you can always make it your self.
How to make Strawberry Sauce:
- Trim the stems off of 2 cups of strawberries and cut in fourth.
- add 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix and let them sit for five minutes.
- after five minutes mash the strawberries or blend it in a blender.
- you can also stir In couple spoons of sour cream and it will make it extra delicious.
- Enjoy it with some Syrniki !
These are freezer friendly you can always double up the recipe and freeze it then re hear them in the oven for 5-7 min