- 6 can of chopped clams
- 5-6 potatoes pealed and chopped In cubes
- 1 carrot cut in small pieces
- 1 celery chopped
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tea spoon of creole seasoning
- 1 tea spoon garlic salt ( low sodium)
- 1 tea spoon dried oregano spice
- 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 tables spoons of butter
- 6 pieces of bacon chopped
- 4 -6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- Parsley for topping
- Sauté chopped bacon in a pot.
- Remove bacon onto a paper towel
- Drain and disregard most of the bacon fat.
- Add three table spoons of butter to the pot.
- Add chopped potatoes, carrots , celery and onions.
- Sauté for few minutes.
- Add flour to the pot, mix with all the vegetables.
- Pour in your chicken stock, water and all the 6 cans of clams with clam juices.
- Season with all the seasoning listed. Adjust salt to taste. If you need more salt can add more creole , or garlic salt.
- Cook for 10 min. Mix every few min for the soup not to burn
- Add heavy cream and the cooked bacon.
- Cook for additional 5 min stirring.
- Serve with parsley and crackers
So good! Thank you for a good chowder recipe my family likes. Made it twice already.