- 3 egg whites ( room temp)
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Set eggs in warm water for 15-30 min.
- Towel dry eggs.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- In a stand mixer ( you can do this with hand mixer just takes a little longer ) add a pinch of cream of tartar to egg whites and start beating a low speed and slowly accelerating the speed.
- When eggs begin to foam slowly add sugar , little by little.
- Once sugar is all added you can beat egg whites at high speed for 6-7 min.
- After 6-7 min add a tea spoon of vinegar and beat for 1 more min.
- Pre heat oven to 225 degrees.
- Set parchment paper onto a flat baking sheet. You can use some of the meringue to place on each tip of the parchment paper to seal the corners to the baking sheet. This helps prevent parchment paper from sliding when you are trying to pipe your Pavlovas .
- Use a piping bag with whatever piping tip you would like just make sure it is one of the larger ones. Add the meringue inside and pipe onto a parchment paper.
- The best way to pipe your shapes is by pressing down and than moving it into a circular motion lifting it up. Hopefully that makes any sense. This will look like a little nest. I make a two row circular motion.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 min and turn off the oven. Leave it in the oven till it completely cools. This will keep drying the meringue without turning them yellow color.
- Once meringues are dried and cooled. You can make your cream.
- In a bowl beat together heavy cream with Nutella till stiff.
- Pipe Nutella cream onto each meringue and top it with toasted hazelnuts. ( make sure you toast hazelnut a head of time. Do not add warm nuts on top. )
- Refrigerate when not being served.