The things I have learned when Renovating our home .
- Pick a style you want and stick to it
- Make sure the whole house is the same paint color.
- Pick a paint color that is light and easy on the eyes
- Pick flooring that is durable and not dark. Dark floors makes it easy to see every foot print or dust particles
- Decide what type of furniture you like wether is black , white , wood , or etc and decorate each room with same tone of furniture
- Add plants
- Pick a color contrast you like . If you like colorful things , add colorful rug , accent pillow , plants , accent art . This way if you get tired of this color you can change it, it is a lot easier changing those things than repainting walls or getting rid of a colorful couch
Go simple, don’t buy a lot of decor. Having lots of things makes it looks messy and cluttered and not to mention harder to keep clean.