I love a good honey cake, but I do not like how long it usually takes to make one. Here I have a much simpler easier recipes for a small honey cake. Perfect for after dinner dessert. If you want to make this cake for a large party you can always double on the recipe.
Cake layers Ingredients:
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2. Cup of sour cream
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoon baking soda
- 3 table spoons of honey
- 2 stick of soft butter
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- Cake baked edges
- With a mixer beat together soft butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In a cup mix together sour cream with baking soda and baking powder. ( sour cream activates the baking soda)
- Add sour cream to the batter beating it till mixed.
- Add honey.
- Slowly little by little add flour and beat at low speed.
- Take a large baking sheet or use two medium baking sheets, butter the sheet and align with parchment paper. ( I use a butter spray for this )
- Spread the batter evenly and bake at 350 for 20min
- Let it cool .
- To make the cream , beat soft butter with condensed milk, than add sour cream and beat till combined.
- When cake is cooled flip it upside down onto the same baking sheet. Gently peal parchment paper.
- Trim all corners for even look.
- Cut the cake into three rectangular even sizes or cut into fourth how ever you prefer the cake to look.
- Spread a good amount of cream on layer place the second one on top and spread more cream. Keep repeating it for last layer. Cover the entire cake with cream . It is ok if it drips just make sure layers aren’t sliding. This is why it’s good to do this in the same baking sheet to prevent the mess. Refrigerate while you prepare the topping.
- Bake the edge pieces of the cake for about 5-7 more min with walnuts.
- Let them cool and then pulse them in a food processor till becomes crumbs.
- Top the cake entire cake with crumbs you can use your hand to press down the crumbs into the cake to get them to stick to the cake.
How big was your large baking sheet? Thank you!
I believe it is 18×26 , you can use whatever size you like you might just have to bake in couple batches
Made this cake few time !! Soo delicious. I did a quick syrup to soak the cake a little and cut frosting sweetness in half. Bomb !!!!
Thank you for your feedback!
The cake it’s self came out good but the frosting was really runny and way too sweet ☹️.. It basically taste like you are eating straight up condensed milk (which probably is the case since it is the whole can).. I would defiantly make again but will have to try another frosting for sure.
Sorry for your disappointment, thank you for your honest feedback
is the “soft” butter just room temp? Unsalted or salted? For both the cream and dough part?
Hi It is soft room temperature unsalted butter for both
This is my new favorite cake recipe, I could not stop eating it.
Aww 😊 thank you so much . Happy to hear that
Thank you 😊 appreciate your feedback
Use salted butter in both, cake and frosting to help even out the sweetness
Love how simple and quick this is to make. My favorite honey cake.
Great , so happy to hear that you enjoyed the recipe. Thank you for your feedback.
Made this several times. So good, fast and easy. My go to cake now! Thank you Lily