- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of toasted ground walnuts ( I used my food processor for this )
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3/4 cups of chocolate chips
Dulce de leche cream:
- 1 can of dulce de leche
- 2 sticks of softened butter ( room temperature, not microwaved)
- 2 scoops of cool whip ( about 1/3 of the box ) not frozen but refrigerated
- Make sure your eggs , butter are at room temperature before you start baking.
- Toast walnuts in the oven and let them cool. Use a food processor to pulse them into a ground consistency.
- Beat six eggs till doubled in size. About five minutes.
- Lower the speed and slowly add your one cup of sugar.
- Change the speed to high and beat for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Sift one cup of flour into the batter, use a spatula to mix it.
- Add toasted ( cooled) walnuts and mix lightly with a spatula.
- I used 8 inch individual pans to bake my layers. I baked 5 layers total. You can use two taller 8 inch baking pans and than cut into 4-5 layers.
- Dived the batter evenly between baking pans.
- I baked four layers together at 350 for 15 min. And than baked my fifth layer for 15 min. If you are using two 8 inch spring form baking pans you need to bake it at 350 for 30 min or until toothpick clean.
- In a sauce pan heat your milk and heavy cream till hot but not boiling.
- Remove form the heat and stir in your chocolate chips till all the chocolate is dissolved.
- At low speed beat butter just until it’s all combined.
- Add one can of dulce de leche and beat till all incorporated.
- Add couple scoops of cool whip ( not heavy cream ) beat till cream is combined and no butter lumps. Do not beat your cream for long you will over beat it and it will deflate
- Place one player on a flat surface or cart board. Drizzle chocolate ganache all over.
- Spread cream on top. Look at your layers you wanna make sure you have enough for all the layers.
- Top it with another cake layer and repeat the steps with chocolate ganache and cream for all the layers.
- Cover the whole entire cake with cream.
- You can use back of a knife or if you have a flat cake decorating spatula, scrape any cream from the sides of the cake so it will look even and no cream drips.
- Freeze for 15-20min
- Remove cake from the freezer, using a spoon lightly drip chocolate ganache. I start form all the edges and than work my way to the center.
- You can stop here or you can go one step further.
- “Optional” beat ready to whip topping ( bought it at cash and carry )
- Use a piping bag with a 1M piping tip. Press down and pull up and to the side to decorate the cake I’m pretty waves. ( or you can decorate how ever you would like )
- Top with some chocolate candies or leave it as is.
[wpvideo SmbPMEvk ]