Steps to make Syrniki:
2 – Mix very well and set aside.
3 – Place half of the mixture on a floured surface. Shape it into a long tube. About 1 inch thickness.
4 – cut into 1 inch size pieces. with some flour and using your hand pat it down to flatten it a little and shape into a circle, use more flour if needed. It should never stick to your hands.
5 – When you are done shaping Sirniki , In a skillet preheat some non flavored oil brown Sirniki till golden brown.
6 – When you are done shaping Sirniki , In a skillet preheat some non flavored oil brown Sirniki till golden brown.
7 – Best served warm with Jam or sour cream. I like to lightly dust it with some powdered sugar.
The Strawberry/ Raspberry sauce I like to serve them with I usually buy at Cash and carry it is our family’s favorite but you can always make it your self.
FARMERS CHEESE PANCAKE WITH SEMOLINA - СЫРНИКИ С МАНКОЙ
- 500 grams Farmers cheese
- 3 Tbsp Semolina Grain ( манка ) uncooked
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Flour for Shaping
- Non Flavored Oil for frying
- Powder sugar ( optional)
- Berry spread/ jam to Serve with
- Sour cream ( optional) to serve with
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Generously flour your working surface or table.
- Place half of the mixture on floured surface and shape into a tube.
- Gently roll it in flour adding more flour when needed till no longer sticky.
- Cut 1 1/2 inch thick.
- Pat with more flour if needed and shape into a round circle.
- Place onto a floured pan so they won’t stick to while you are snapping the remained of the pancakes.
- Pre heat oil in the skillet and fry each pancake ( Сырники) till golden brown.
- Remove and place onto a paper towel to drain any oil.
- Serve with a little bit of powder sugar , berry spread / jam and sour cream for best taste.
- You can also freeze them and re heat in the oven.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- Trim the stems off of 2 cups of strawberries and cut in fourth.
- add 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix and let them sit for five minutes.
- after five minutes mash the strawberries or blend it in a blender.
- you can also stir In couple spoons of sour cream and it will make it extra delicious.
- Enjoy it with some Syrniki !
These sirniki have been a game changer! We typically make this 2-3 times a month with a side of sour cream and choice of jam. THANK YOU
Best sirniki recipe ever!!