- Box of lady fingers ( I used approximately 20 lady fingers )
- 4 packages of 8oz cream cheese ( softened at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sweetened 4 shots espresso/ latte ( or 1 cup of strong coffee with cream and sugar )
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tea spoon of ground coffee
- Cocoa powder for dusting.
Instructions: pre heat oven to 325
- Make your latte
- Use a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Lightly Dip each lady finger into a cup of coffee and place at the bottom of the pan. Try to cover all the empty spaces with lady fingers and set aside.
- Using a mixer beat cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar
- Add eggs beating one minute apart from each other.
- Add vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Make sure everything is well combined, don’t beat for too long.
- Pour half of the mixture into your spring form pan.
- Dip lady fingers into latte and place on top of the cream cheese mixture, lightly pressing them in.
- Place as much of lady fingers as it would fit.
- Pour more cream cheese mixture almost to the very top of the baking pan.
- Cut two long pieces of foil and place spring form pan on top. Press the foil tightly to the pan to create a shield from water getting in while baking.
- Place cheesecake into a larger baking pan/ sheet and put it in the oven.
- Than pour water into the larger baking sheet to create a bath for the cheesecake. About 1 inch tall of water.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 min.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or over night. ( this is very important)
- When your cheesecake if fully cooled. Start making chocolate ganache.
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream add 1 cup of chocolate chips. Stir till all chocolate dissolved.
- Pour chocolate ganache over cheesecake and place it back in the fridge while you work on your whip cream.
- Beat two cups of heavy cream with 1 cup of powder sugar and 1 tea spoon of ground coffee till stiff peaks.
- Fill piping bag using attachment 1M with whip cream and pipe on top of the chocolate. I like to press the cream down and pipe into a circular motion.
- Dust cocoa powder over the cheesecake.
- Before serving. Using a thin long knife. Trim the edges of the pan. Open the spring form pan And lift it up.
Absolutely the best recipe for cheese cake! Easy, delicious and fancy!
Thank you Lana, I appreciate your feedback! I’m happy you hear you liked it