- Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs
- Finger Lickin Seasoning by Gourmet Collection ( Sold at Home Goods , Tj Maxx, Ross, Burlington )
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Chicken base Better than Bullion
- White Wine
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Additional Items needed
- Deep Skillet
- Mixing spoon.
How to make Tuscan Chicken:
Next you want to season very well each side of the chicken and set aside.
Foremost i like to prep all my ingredients, having them next to me prevents me from scattering around kitchen or burning something while i am looking. I chop my vegetables, have my liquids ready and my spices. After i am done with an ingredient i put it back in its spot. This helps me with less cleaning at the end.
What Skillet is best to use:
With some butter you will brown chicken on each side. Remove and set aside. At this point it all about adding the remaining ingredients to pot/pan, sauteing and mixing to make the sauce.
After you have made your sauce based on the instructions in the recipe you will add your chicken back into the pan cover and let absorb all that delicious liquid and cook through for about ten minutes. After time is up, add the asparagus in between the chicken breast. One important thing when cooking asparagus is to trim the hard woody bottoms, sometimes its a good inch off.
Now cover it once more and let it simmer for 5-7 min because you need the asparagus to cook.
What to serve it with:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Finger Lickin Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1 small bunch of Asparagus
- 3 sundries tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Chicken Base ( better than bullion)
- 2 Garlic Cloves ( pressed)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup White Wine (not really sweet kind)
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Wash chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel.
- season well each side of chicken with finger lickin seasoning by gourmet collection. If you do not have this seasoning, season it with a seasoning of your choice.
- In a deep skillet melt 3 tbsp of butter, brown each side of the chicken at medium heat. than remove from the skillet.
- Chop half of small onion add to the skillet to saute'
- Once onions are translucent add sun-dried tomatoes and flour to the skillet. Stir for the flour to get incorporated with the onions.
- Pour in two cups of water also add one tea spoon of chicken base and two garlic cloves (pressed) Stir to mix.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Squeeze half of lemon, make sure no lemon seeds fall in.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Whipping cream.
- Now add your grated Parmesan and Cheddar cheese. ( do not use mozzarella to substitute any of these cheeses it will turn into lumps.
- Place your chicken breast on top of all the sauce in the deep skillet, cover and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes add asparagus in between chicken breast ( make sure you cut the hard bottoms of the asparagus, it is very woody and uneatable. ) cover and let it simmer for additional 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over mashed potatoes.
Amazon also sells it for higher price