I am not going to lie i can eat this salad everyday and wont be sick of it. Not only does it taste delicious it is so beautiful to serve to your guests.
If you have not yet tried burrata cheese in general you are missing out. Burrata is a buttery Italian fresh cheese made from a mix of mozzarella and cream. The outside is a thin shell is a pasta filata curd made of buffalo and or cows milk mozzarella while the inside contains a soft, doughy, stringy, mixture of curd and fresh cream.
Not every grocery store sells burrata but the store that you can always purchase all of the ingredients needed for this salad is Trader Joe’s. The key to this salad is using fresh and good quality ingredients. I have odd system how i buy fruits or vegetables, i always smell everything. When you are buying tomatoes and they give out a strong aroma you know they will be good. If a tomato does not have a strong aroma most likely it was picked too early and has not ripe all the way.
In this salad i use mixed greens but it will also be very good with any kind of greens you like most. I always say a recipe is just a suggestion, you can always adjust things to your own taste preference. Just plain arugula would also be very good. The mixture of peppery and sweet makes a great combo.
Foremost lets talk about Balsamic Glaze. Of course you can make this yourself at home, but why bother the hassle. It is not too expensive to use a store bought balsamic glaze. You can always store and use it for other salads or recipes. Don’t be shy with drizzling a good amount of this glaze all over your salad it adds a nice sweetness to the salad.
One of my favorite balsamic glazes
- 2 Burrata Cheese ( I get mine from Trader Joe's )
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- Micro Greens ( Just for topping)
- 2 Sweet Tomatoes ( I used Kumato tomatoes from Trader Joes)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp Basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove Pressed
- Balsamic Reduction glaze. ( I use Store bought)
- First you would need to prepare your salad dressing. I like to use small mason jars to make my dressing.
- into to the jar add olive oil, vinegar and basil pesto. Also add salt, pepper and garlic. Close the lid shake till it is all incorporated.
- Choose a platter or a plate you would like to serve this salad in.
- Assemble your rinsed Mixed Greens onto the platter.
- Slice tomatoes and place them on top of the mixed greens.
- Place burrata cheese in the center or however you prefer.
- Drizzle the dressing you made earlier all over the veggies,
- Foremost Drizzle a good amount of balsamic reduction glaze all over.
- For the finished product top the salad with some micro greens.