I love this recipe because it does not have yeast. Doesn’t take time for the dough to rise, tastes supper flaky and light. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
- 2 cups of flour + some for rolling
- 1 cup of buttermilk or Kefir
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- 1/2 tea spoon of sugar
- 1 table spoons of baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoon baking soda mixed with 1 tea spoon of vinegar
- Mashed potatoes about 3-4 cups
- Oil for frying
- In a deep bowl combine flour , salt , baking powder.
- Add buttermilk , vegetable oil.
- Mix really well till all ingredients well combined and no lumps. ( you can use your hands )
- Form your dough into a ball , Cover your dough and set aside for 10 min. This will give time for baking powder to activate.
- Take your mashed potatoes and add lots of black pepper to it and some fresh dill or green onions.
- Once your dough is ready, cut the dough in 4th. Then take each piece and cut it in 3, Using your hand make a ball out of each piece.
- Roll out each ball and place a full table spoon of mashed potatoes. Fold in each corner and gently press down with your hand to flatten it.
- Heat your deep pan with oil. Fry each pirogi till golden on each side.
- Place your pirogi on to paper towel to drain any oil.
- Enjoy !!
Farmers cheese filling
- 1 lb of farmers cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tea spoons chopped dill
- 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese mix ( optional )
Made this yesterday and my family of 6 gobbled it up! Delicious! Easy to follow recepi! Making it again for sure!
Hello! I have a question! The recipe calls for sugar baking soda and vinegar. When exactly do I add that?