CHICKEN SALAD Great way to use up leftover Chicken and make this delicious salad. Most Grocery stores sell Rotisserie Chicken for a great price. Which makes it nice on busy day when you don’t feel like cooking. But most of the time there is some …
Author: Lily’s Cooking & Home
Unbelievably delicious bite-size-quiches! These bite size quiches are incredible! Explosion of flavor Perfect for on the go breakfast, perfect for kids little hands, Perfect to bring to any brunch to impress your family or friends. Unbelievably delicious bite size Quiches, Explosion of flavor and perfect …
This is the type of breakfast you make on a weekend for your entire family. It is beyond easy and your kitchen is left mess free. Let your oven do most the work. Make this Tater Tot Bacon Breakfast at Home.
Things you will need !
- Idaho tater tot potatoes ( you can use whatever brand you like, I love the flavor of Idaho potatoes)
- bacon ( we prefer the smoked thick flavors bacon )
- eggs ( you can depending on your family size 1 egg per person for adults usually 2 eggs )
- cheese ( we like to use cheese blend but you can adapt this recipe to whatever you have in your fridge, whatever cheese you have available you can use it )
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 425
- assemble baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss tater tots in melted butter
- bake in the oven for 10 min.
- Cook bacon in the skillet till crispy
- Flip tater tots onto the other side.
- add fried bacon on top
- crack eggs on top
- season with salt and pepper
- bake for 10 more min
- top it with graded /shredded cheese
- serve with salsa , avocado or whatever you like
Supper delicious Farmers cheese pancakes also known in Russian as Syrniki. These are a huge hit in any Slavic Community. I highly recommend you to try my recipe. They are light and fluffy. Of Russian origin: Syrniki. … In poor villages the simple ingredients …
Tuscan Chicken was a total hit in our household, everyone loved it!
- Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs
- Finger Lickin Seasoning by Gourmet Collection ( Sold at Home Goods , Tj Maxx, Ross, Burlington )
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Chicken base Better than Bullion
- White Wine
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Additional Items needed
- Deep Skillet
- Mixing spoon.
How to make Tuscan Chicken:
Next you want to season very well each side of the chicken and set aside.
Foremost i like to prep all my ingredients, having them next to me prevents me from scattering around kitchen or burning something while i am looking. I chop my vegetables, have my liquids ready and my spices. After i am done with an ingredient i put it back in its spot. This helps me with less cleaning at the end.
What Skillet is best to use:
Using One deep skillet rather than a frying pan and then pot saves you in time and dishes at the end. I like to use a deep cast iron dutch oven skillet with a lid. I believe that everyone should defiantly invest in a cast iron skillet and a dutch oven. Those two things can last your forever if taken care of properly.
With some butter you will brown chicken on each side. Remove and set aside. At this point it all about adding the remaining ingredients to pot/pan, sauteing and mixing to make the sauce.
After you have made your sauce based on the instructions in the recipe you will add your chicken back into the pan cover and let absorb all that delicious liquid and cook through for about ten minutes. After time is up, add the asparagus in between the chicken breast. One important thing when cooking asparagus is to trim the hard woody bottoms, sometimes its a good inch off.
Now cover it once more and let it simmer for 5-7 min because you need the asparagus to cook.
What to serve it with:
Without a doubt this dish is so good with some mashed potatoes, slice chicken breast place on top of the potatoes than drizzle a good amount of the sauce add the asparagus of-course too ! Top it with some fresh chopped parsley and you’re all done.
Chicken and Cabbage Samsas
Stuffed Puff Pastry also known as samsa, are so easy to make at home!
All you need to make this deliciousness is; Store bough puff pastry, chicken thighs, few vegetables, spices and tomato ragu. This can even be a fun thing to make with your children.
First you would need to grate, chop and prep all your ingredients such as cutting everything into small pieces. Not only will it cook faster due to the size it will also be easier at the end when stuffing each puff pastry.
The key point is to saute all the vegetables and the meat, season it well with the seasonings listed in the recipe then cut each sheet of puff pastry into six squares. Place the chicken and cabbage filling onto the puff pastry square and seal it together. Foremost brushing each puff pastry triangle (samsa) with egg wash gives that golden brown result at the end once baked.
If you are hosting a get together or some sort of a party, these samsas is a great appetizer to serve. You can always make them ahead and baked them before guest arrive. At the same time your guests will be very impressed.
In addition it makes a freezer friendly side dish. Place them on a baking sheet, Freeze them for about twenty to thirty minutes, than throw them into a gallon size zip lock bag. It can sit in the freezer for several months. All you have to do is brush it with egg wash and bake.
These Samsa are great in an Air Fryer. If you are looking for great ways to put that air fryer to some good use, here it is! Just set your air fryer to 400 degrees and fry them till golden brown. Simple as that. I like to use my air fryer to re heat them the following day. After they sit for a while they get softened and the air fryer brings back that crispiness.
If you are hosting being in charge of cooking a large Turkey might seem nerve racking! Don’t panic here is a supper easy turkey recipe that will put you at ease.
Here are some common problems that can happen with a Turkey.
- Under seasoned with salt.
- Over cooked/ Dry
- Under cooked / Raw
Here is some tips how to avoid these issues:
Always have a meat Thermometer and test on the thickest meat area. I always do both drumstick and breast. When temperature says 165-170 it is perfectly done. Stop cooking!
For your Turkey to not be under salted i highly recommend to brine your Turkey. What does brine mean ? It means you heat a pot of water based on the instructions with salt and all other seasonings, bring it to a boil than cool it completely. Submerge the turkey in salty water and let it marinade for 12-24 hours. The entire turkey will be evenly salted and not only salted it will be juicy and moist.
I know lost of people season the top of the turkey with all kind of seasonings but i have learned that will cause those spices to burn and than your turkey doesn’t look so appealing.
Here is how i do my Turkey :
I buy Gourmet Turkey Brine from Costco.
I read the instructions on the back of how much water and mix i need based on the pounds of my Turkey. My Turkey was about 16-17 pounds . I used Two cups of Brine mix and a Gallon of water.
- I boiled Gallon of water with 2 cups of brine mix
- let the liquid cool completely ( i take it outside in the cold to speed up the process)
- I coat the turkey entirely with liquid and let is sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours i paper towel dry the entire turkey.
- I melt a stick or two of butter and brush the entire turkey with butter several times.
- for turkey stuffing i stuff it with halfway cooked seasoned rice. for stuffing recipe scroll down bellow.
- You always just a easier stuffing, just stuff it half onions , lemons and apples.
- Tie the legs with a cooking string.
- Tuck the turkey wings under neath the turkey, this will prevent the tips from burning.
- Cover with a foil place in a Turkey roasting pan, pour 4 cups of chicken stock to the bottom of the pan, add one onion cut in quarters and one carrot. Bake based on the instructions for the weight of your turkey. adding chicken stock adds more flavor and moisture to the turkey.
After cooking it half way i remove the foil, take the drippings at the bottom of the pan and pour all over the turkey and cook for another two hours or how much ever you need. Test with thermometer when done, for temp of 165 degrees.
I cooked 2 cups of rice half way. it wasn’t fully cooked
in a skillet i sauteed half of onion with carrots , garlic, butter and seasoned with salt and pepper. I mixed it with the rice and stuffed the turkey . Than i tied the legs.
I love the rustic way of decorating, go to your natural or whole foods store or even Fred Meyer. Find a field floral pieces. I like to use a wooden platter, i purchased mine at Walmart. place it on one side or both. Buy colorful fruits different sizes, such as pomegranate, mandarins or whatever you like, cut it in half that way you can see the beautiful inside. Place your turkey on the center of the platter and arrange fruits all over. Remember turkey is heavy and hot have another person help you.